At the Fitness Firm we are committed to helping each member achieve optimal results. To achieve this goal and to ensure the safety of all members, we require our members ages 16 years and under to complete a youth orientation. Youth orientation is also available for students 17-21 years of age. This program is also mandatory for students 18-21 years of age who would like to have parent or guardian status. The youth orientation program will help to ensure the comfort and safety of all our members.
The youth orientation program will provide students:
- A good understanding of the club and class etiquette.
- The safety practices used in our fitness facility.
- An understanding of the importance of warm up, cool down (stretching), cardio and resistance training.
- A basic knowledge of repetitions, sets, tempo, rest and recovery.
- A plethora of exercises along with their modifications and progressions.
- Equipment technique demonstration
- A program card that can be used by the students when the come to visit the gym as well as a list of variations for these exercises.
The program care will include a warm up portion, resistance training portion as well as a cool down portion
The youth orientation is $25.00
How to Make Healthy Choices at Thanksgiving Crisp air, changing leaves and chilly mornings have arrived: fall is here! That means Thanksgiving is right around the corner. This special holiday is a wonderful time to celebrate your loved ones, the blessings in your life...
Gluteus medius muscle, often referred to as the "glute med" Attachment points: Outer surface of ilium -- > greater trochanter of femur Action: Hip abduction, external and internal rotation Importance: The gluteus medius muscle is one of 3 gluteal muscles that work...
My name is Julie Martin. I am 52 years old. Two years ago I went through a nine hour operation to have a benign brain tumor removed. As a result, I am now permanently deaf in my left ear and without my left vestibular (balance) system. The easiest way to describe my...