At the Fitness Firm we are committed to helping each member achieve optimal results. To achieve this goal and to ensure the safety of all members, we require our members ages 16 years and under to complete a youth orientation. Youth orientation is also available for students 17-21 years of age. This program is also mandatory for students 18-21 years of age who would like to have parent or guardian status. The youth orientation program will help to ensure the comfort and safety of all our members.
The youth orientation program will provide students:
- A good understanding of the club and class etiquette.
- The safety practices used in our fitness facility.
- An understanding of the importance of warm up, cool down (stretching), cardio and resistance training.
- A basic knowledge of repetitions, sets, tempo, rest and recovery.
- A plethora of exercises along with their modifications and progressions.
- Equipment technique demonstration
- A program card that can be used by the students when the come to visit the gym as well as a list of variations for these exercises.
The program care will include a warm up portion, resistance training portion as well as a cool down portion
The youth orientation is $25.00
WHAT IS A FUNCTIONAL MOVEMENT SCREEN? At The Fitness Firm, members are encouraged to purchase a Starter Plan before beginning a program or working with a personal trainer. The starter plan includes not only a body composition assessment, but also a Functional Movement...
The Sun Life Ride to Defeat Diabetes for JDRF is a high-intensity stationary cycling event which takes place in cities across Canada. Funds raised by the event go towards helping to find a cure for type 1 diabetes (T1D). About type 1 diabetes Type 1 diabetes is a...
TOP 5 REASONS TO TRY A PLANT-BASED DIET Why should you try a vegetarian or vegan menu? The answer for you may be “I’d NEVER do that!” That’s perfectly fine, but here are 5 reasons to try a plant-based menu that you may never have considered. YOU’RE NOT MISSING...