At the Fitness Firm we are committed to helping each member achieve optimal results. To achieve this goal and to ensure the safety of all members, we require our members ages 16 years and under to complete a youth orientation. Youth orientation is also available for students 17-21 years of age. This program is also mandatory for students 18-21 years of age who would like to have parent or guardian status. The youth orientation program will help to ensure the comfort and safety of all our members.
The youth orientation program will provide students:
- A good understanding of the club and class etiquette.
- The safety practices used in our fitness facility.
- An understanding of the importance of warm up, cool down (stretching), cardio and resistance training.
- A basic knowledge of repetitions, sets, tempo, rest and recovery.
- A plethora of exercises along with their modifications and progressions.
- Equipment technique demonstration
- A program card that can be used by the students when the come to visit the gym as well as a list of variations for these exercises.
The program care will include a warm up portion, resistance training portion as well as a cool down portion
The youth orientation is $25.00
Osteopathy is great for back pain! Research shows that osteopaths are highly qualified to assess, treat, and manage back pain. There are many causes of back pain. Most often it is due to inflamed joints or muscles in the spine or pelvis that may have resulted from an...
COUNTDOWN TO SUMMER! At the Fitness Firm, we love Spring because its a time of change and new beginnings. Our 6 week Countdown to Summer program is designed to get you feeling energetic, positive and toned in time for bathing suits, shorts and tank top season. Over 6...
Each year in March, The Dietitians of Canada have a nutrition month campaign. This year, the theme is "Unlock the Potential of Food". In this campaign, they highlight 4 different ways to help you unlock the potential of food. These are: The Potential to Fuel The...